We at Red River Canoe depend on the water for our livelihood, so it’s very important we take care of this beautiful natural resource. While you’re having fun with us, please observe the following Dos and Don’ts so that you and your fellow guests have the safest and most fun on our river!
- Please do not bring styrofoam containers, coolers or cups to the river. Small foam beads detach from these items, which fish then think are food. Once the fish eat the foam beads, their internal pathways can become blocked causing them to suffocate or starve.
- Throwing waste items into the river or onto the banks is strictly forbidden. There are no trash receptacles on the river, of course, so please bring something in which to stow your trash until you return to the Red River Canoe outpost.
- Please do not bring glass containers of any kind onto the property. Once they break, glass shards can cut the feet of both humans and animals, and make medical attention necessary.
- Please do not bring alcohol or firearms onto the property. This attraction is very family oriented, and this request is for the safety and well being of each of our guests – both young and old!
- Please listen to your guide for tips on having a safe and fun trip.
- Wear your life vest at all times while you’re on the river.
- Bring plenty of fluids to drink as you’ll be on the river for several hours at a time.
- Sunscreen, bug repellant, dry clothes and a towel are all great ideas.
- Keep a very close eye on children and pets to ensure their safety.
- Secure your vehicle, camper or tent while away from them. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- While on the river, secure and protect your personal items including cell phones, watches, wallets, purses, etc. If it goes into the river, it’s going to get wet! Zip lock style bags work great and will likely protect anything within that goes overboard. And they usually float!
- Bring a camera to record the day’s events – you’ll want to show your friends and family the fun you had!
- Most of all, use your best judgement at all times, and remember to have a great time for lots of wonderful memories!